It’s time to enroll into Medicare from JAR Insurance Services
It’s time to enroll into Medicare
from JAR Insurance Services
Turning 65 this year?
Schedule your Medicare enlightenment session at no cost.
FAQ’s about enrolling into Medicare
- Medicare is our country’s health insurance program for people age 65 or older. Certain people younger than age 65 can qualify for Medicare, too, including those with disabilities and those who have permanent kidney failure.
- You can enroll into a Medicare plan during the Annual Open Enrollment Period. The yearly period when people can enroll in a health insurance plan. 2018 Open Enrollment runs from November 1, 2017 to December 15, 2017.
- The types of Medicare programs are often referred to as Part A, Part B, Part C, and Part D.
- Original Medicare: Medicare Part A & B
- Medicare Part A: Also, known as hospital insurance, Part A covers inpatient hospital care, limited time in a skilled nursing care facility, limited home health care services and hospice care.
- Medicare Part B: Medicare Part B is also referred to as medical insurance. Part B benefits cover certain non-hospital medical expenses such as doctor’s visits, blood tests, X-rays, diabetic screenings, and supplies as well as outpatient hospital care.
- Medicare Advantage: Medicare Part C
- Medicare Part C: Commonly known as “Medicare Advantage” insurance plans. Medicare Advantage plans often include every type of Medicare coverage in one health plan. Medicare benefits packages are offered as an alternative to Original Medicare.
- Prescription Drug Coverage: Medicare Part D
- Medicare Part D: Prescription Drug Coverage (optional). Part D insurance plans are available as stand-alone prescription drug plans through private insurance companies. Monthly fees vary among insurers.